Based in Vancouver and Amman, PeaceGeeks is a nonprofit organization that builds digital tools to empower communities in the pursuit of peace. We operate on the principle of inspiring local action to solve local problems, with a vision to make peace a lived reality for everyone.
PeaceGeeks has several projects in motion, including an app funded by the Google.org Impact Challenge that fast-tracks refugees and immigrants in Canada on a pathway to successful resettlement with a personalized directory of settlement services, as well as a capacity building program funded by Global Affairs Canada that supports artists, activists and youth in Jordan to respond to hate and violence in online spaces.
Learn about us at: peacegeeks.org
The Digital Fundraising intern will support the digital implementation of PeaceGeeks’ fundraising strategy, prospecting, negotiations, and outreach, reporting to and receiving dedicated support from the Fund Development Manager. The internship will focus especially on increasing PeaceGeeks’ digital communications and the exploration of digital tools for donor engagement, management, and retention. The intern will also support the management and organization of donor information and records within PeaceGeeks’ Salesforce CRM system. With regards to donor data management, the intern will liaise between the Fund Development Manager and the Salesforce Administrator to optimize data processes in order to meet fundraising needs.
The Digital Fundraising intern will work closely with the Marketing, Communications, and Event teams to execute the fundraising strategy across digital platforms, for instance, through email and social media campaigns, digital analytics reporting and audience targeting, crowdfunding website management, and more. Strong support is provided for creation of marketing material, grant applications, et cetera.
This role offers the intern the opportunity to engage with the Board of Directors, build corporate and community connections, develop skills in data management and digital communications, and have a key role in developing PeaceGeeks’ fundraising methodologies moving forward.
The Things You Love Doing
With the full support and mentorship of the Executive Director, Digital Projects Director, Communications Coordinator, Fund Development Manager, and the Board of Directors, the Digital Fundraising intern will assist the Fund Development Manager on the following initiatives:
- Supporting the technical implementation of crowdfunding campaigns, including social media and email communications, website management, and donor data management
- Creating email outreach strategies for individual giving, stewardship and major gifts
- Research and implement new tools for donor engagement
- Conduct donor research and campaign reporting, using tools like email and web analytics
- Create web-based communications materials for donor solicitation and thank yous
- Preparation of proposals and grant applications
- Report with the Fund Development Manager on fundraising to the Board of Directors to assist with development of standard reporting processes
- Explore opportunities for cryptocurrency fundraising
The Things You Bring To Us
- Education in Marketing, Fundraising, Communications, or equivalent
- Experience creating digital communications (email, social media, website)
- Capable of representing and communicating the PeaceGeeks brand to sponsors
- Comfortable with and enjoy being a jack-of-all-trades
- Strong public-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- A demonstrated interest and awareness of global issues
- A love for Research, Data, and Analytics
- Confidence with Adobe suite, Google Drive, and/or relevant digital tools for creation of effective and aesthetically pleasing digital materials and communications
- Experience using CRM platforms or data management is an asset
- Experience with digital analytics is an asset
- Graphic design experience an asset
- Collaborating on critical work that will impact the entire organization and its local and global partners
- Collaborating and networking with our diverse and amazing team of volunteers, our Board of Directors, and partners
- Personal and professional development, with possibilities for mentorship and learning in other areas of the organization
- Playing an instrumental role in a fast growing non-profit organization and shaping our storytelling approach
- Gaining practical experience and insight on the impact of tech on peacebuilding
We offer a competitive compensation that will be determined based on relevant experience.
The Fundraising intern will work from the PeaceGeeks offices at the HiVE co-working space in Vancouver in the vibrant neighborhood of Gastown.
Please submit your application for consideration by Sunday March 3, 2019.