What We Are Looking For
You will be working on the Google.org Impact Challenge (GIC) funded project called Arrival Advisor. Arrival Advisor is a web application for newcomers (immigrants and refugees) to Metro Vancouver that assists them with their settlement and integration in Canada. Many newcomers struggle to adapt to a new way of life and feel overwhelmed with everything they must accomplish to get their lives in order. Canada provides resources to assist newcomers with their settlement, but they often go unused due to lack of awareness. Arrival Advisor is being designed to help newcomers by acting as a settlement guidebook so that users know what to do and where to go.
The Marketing Advisor will create a Marketing Strategy and direct the Marketing Coordinator to execute the plan for the Arrival Advisor app. This app is set to go live in March 2019.
- Create a marketing and public relations strategy for the Arrival Advisor app launch
- Work with the project team to manage the marketing budget.
- Work with project team to set marketing goals and analyze metrics, in line with project goals
- Conduct research (including primary, eg. focus groups or interviews with partner organizations and users) to identify and plan opportunities to reach the target audience, including (but not limited to) via email, social media, print, radio, etc.
- Develop media plans and creative briefs to ensure team members have the information they need to deliver work that meets strategic guidelines and that is on deadline
- Work with designer or Digital Projects Manager to refine visual identity to achieve marketing goals and provide input and direction towards the development of the website and other visual assets
- Join the existing Strategic Advisory Committee, which meets quarterly and provides strategic advice to the PeaceGeeks team on their implementation of the project. The Strategic Advisory Committee is made up of heads of government agencies and organizations that provides settlement services to newcomers in Metro Vancouver.
- Identify and oversee strategic partnerships with traditional and non-traditional media outlets
- Address advertising needs
- Develop digital campaigns
- Education in Marketing, Business, Communications, Public Relations or an equivalent professional qualification
- 3-5 years of industry experience
- Experience developing and implementing marketing strategies, concepts and practices
- Experience managing a product launch
- Experience working with designers, developers and project managers in executing a marketing strategy
- Strong project management and performance measurement skills
- A demonstrated interest and awareness in world issues
- Aptitude for technology and the ability to connect technical concepts with customer value
- Experience in the non-profit or immigration sector is an asset
- Familiar with SEO/SEM and Google Analytics
- Familiar with content marketing and social media marketing tools
- Familiar with Salesforce/CRM software
- Preferred professional designations from institutions such as Canadian Marketing Association and/or Certified Marketing Professionals of Canada
What We Bring to You
- Collaborating and networking with our stakeholders and amazing team of volunteers
- Personal and professional development, with possibilities for mentorship and learning in other areas of the organization
- Playing an instrumental role in a fast growing non-profit organization and shaping our storytelling approach
- Gaining practical experience and insight on the impact of tech on peacebuilding
Time Commitment and Location
Approximately 2-5 hours per week (estimate of 60-80 hours overall) for a minimum 4 months starting immediately and ending in March 2019.
Attend one weekly meeting in the office for project updates. A majority of the work can be done remotely. PeaceGeeks has an office space in Vancouver that can be used for face-to-face meetings.
Strategic Advisory committee meetings are held once every 3 months during normal working hours. You can attend in-person or remotely.Apply now