PeaceGeeks is a non-profit organization that builds digital tools to empower communities in the pursuit of peace. We are based in Vancouver, Canada, and Amman, Jordan.
We have a number of projects in motion, funded by the Government of Canada and Google.org Canada. These projects include the development of an app for newcomers to Canada called Arrival Advisor, and a community initiative in Jordan working to combat polarization online.
More info at peacegeeks.org.
PeaceGeeks is seeking a Recruitment Team Lead to oversee the recruitment function and manage the overall recruitment strategies from conception to execution, while conducting full-cycle recruitment for our volunteer and paid roles.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this position works closely with the HR & Policy Advisors and team leads from other departments. This team leadership position would be best suited to an individual who possesses a progressive interest in recruitment and human resources, while keeping up-to-date with global issues and current events, preferably pertinent to peacebuilding.
The Things You Love Doing
- Identify and forecast organization’s recruitment needs to create and execute strategic sourcing plans to attract top talent
- Lead, coach, and supervise a team of volunteer recruiters
- Onboarding and training of volunteer recruiters
- Establish consistent team communications and workflow, including appropriate delegations of job requisitions to volunteer recruiters
- Create job descriptions for new positions and update previous job descriptions according to current business requirements
- Posting job descriptions and finding new methods/places for attracting candidates
- Reviewing candidate applications
- Phone-screen shortlisted candidates, followed by composing summaries for hiring managers to review
- Supporting the onboarding process for new hires
- Monitor the recruiting mailbox and respond to specific recruiting enquiries in a timely manner
- Partner with HR & Policy Advisors and the Leadership team on ad-hoc process improvement projects and deliverables
- Other recruitment related responsibilities as needed
The Things You Bring to Us
- 2+ years of full-cycle recruitment experience, spanning across technical and leadership functions
- Post-secondary education in human resources management, business administration, or a related discipline
- Demonstrated team leadership or mentorship experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Employment Standards, Human Rights, and other legislation, particularly relating to recruitment practices
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite/Drive, Skype, and the ability to learn other systems, such as ATS
- Strong follow-up and relationship management skills
- Ability to handle confidential information and maintain a high degree of ethics
Nice to have
- CPHR or CPHR Candidate designation is an asset
- Past experience working in an NGO, nonprofit or community organization
- Experience with Slack and/or Salesforce
- Experience with intentional diversity, inclusion, and equity as it relates to recruiting
- Passionate about technology and knowledgeable about humanitarian or immigrant and refugee issues
- Knowledgeable of current issues and events locally and globally
Why you Should Volunteer with Us
- Flexible working from home opportunity
- Opportunity to use your creativity and experience to create impactful change, particularly within the Recruiting Team
- Gain experience and insight on the impact of tech on peacebuilding and newcomer settlement
- Personal and professional development, mentorship and learning in other areas of the organization
- Making a meaningful contribution to peace-building work in developing, non-democratic and conflict-affected places
- Collaborating and networking with an amazing group of multi-national volunteers
- Learning about relevant international issues that we work on
- Personal and professional development
Position Start Date & Time Commitment
The position will begin upon selection of a qualified candidate. Expected time commitment is approximately 5 hours per week that is flexible based on the volunteer’s schedule and recruitment needs.
The volunteer may work remotely from home or online and is welcomed to work at the PeaceGeeks office, based on its availability. From time to time, there are HR and/or Recruiting in-person meetings. The PeaceGeeks office is located at the HiVE co-working space: #210 - 128 W Hastings St, Vancouver, V5L 4J8.
Application will be accepted until the position is filled.
Consideration of applications will begin immediately.
PeaceGeeks is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all candidates to apply. We are committed to embracing and building a team that represents a variety of cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. As with our mission to promote safe and peaceful communities, we at PeaceGeeks believe that diversity and inclusion make us stronger, whether that’s in our staff or in the communities where we work.