Who We Are Looking For
PeaceGeeks is looking for a Treasurer to join the Board of Directors. The successful candidate will provide oversight of financial reporting activities, provide financial advisory to the entire organization, contribute to the board’s governance of PeaceGeeks as well as its own operational effectiveness and continuing development.
This position is best suited to an individual who is willing to commit and contribute to PeaceGeeks, possesses a progressive interest in continuous improvement of non-profit governance, and is up to date with global issues and current events.
What You Bring To Us
- Governance skills and strategic thinking to a growing organization
- Experience serving on Boards of Directors, either non-profit or corporate
- Bachelor’s degree and/or a professional designation (CPA, CFA, etc.)
- 5-10 years of significant experience in a Financial Reporting, Treasurer or Financial Advisory capacity
- Analytical skills to draw insights and recommendations from financial dashboards and key performance indicators
- Comprehensive expertise in financial analysis and modelling
- Ability to maintain an impartial and appropriate perspective at all times
- Demonstrated standards of confidentiality and ethics
- Knowledgeable about current issues and events locally and globally
- Effective written and verbal communication capabilities
What We Bring To You
- The opportunity to govern a dynamic, ground-breaking organization
- Experience establishing the emergent tech-for-peace sector in North America and the Middle East
Attendance at quarterly board meetings, opportunity to participate and possibly chair ad-hoc committees; approximately 4-6 hours per board meeting that happens 4 times a year and an AGM.
Submit your resume and brief cover letter to https://peacegeeks.org/currentopenings