The Project Director works from The Hive office and/or home flexibly. This position reports to the Executive Director. The successful candidate will receive training on the PeaceGeeks current products, activities, and processes. This position is a committee position contributing 5-7 hours per week.
- Working with the Projects and Technical Teams to develop project strategies for advancing the strategic priorities of the organizations.
- Refining projects structures and policies for the effective management of current and future projects.
- Corresponding with Project Managers to identify and resolve key strategic and operational matters that are impacting on project success
- Providing support to Project Manager towards advancing project and program objectives.
To be able to successfully perform this role, the Project Director should have:
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience in project management, specifically in technology projects
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, EE or IT related
- Knowledge of leadership and management as they relate to non-profit / volunteer organizations
- Articulate, able to think strategically
- Proficient use of skype, Google+ and other telecommuting tools
- Ability to handle confidential information and maintain a high degree of ethics
- Gain practical experience working on projects with multinational teams across the world
- Learning about relevant international issues that we work on
- Make an impactful contribution to peace-building work in developing, non-democratic and conflict-affected places
- Collaborate and network with an amazing group of volunteers
- Personal and professional development